It’s a tool we’ve personally desired for sometime and so we’re building in features that improve a users work flow and enable collaboration, we have lot’s of cool ideas and plans to push the product forward.
The video is a very quick preview screencast I put together. We are now a week or two away from releasing the apps for preview, if you want to be one of the first to try Mixture please follow on Twitter for announcements.
Here’s a quick overview of the features / benefits of Mixture…
- A powerful local front-end development environment (quick & easy to setup, no knowledge of server-side environments needed).
- Mac or Windows and allows you to open & share projects between machines.
- Use your editor of choice (TextMate, VIM, Sublime Text and more).
- Live updates; changes are displayed live in the browser.
- Dynamic templating (layouts / partials / includes).
- Automatic & customizable compilation of Sass, Less, Coffee script and more.
- Image optimisation, Styles & Scripts minification and concatination
- Lint validation of your scripts. Mixture will also validate your views, models & all pre-processors.
- One click push online, share, collaborate and sign-off.
- Custom domain for your online projects.
- Boilerplates / Project templates allow you to get started quickly, create and share.
- To-do comments within your code right where they matter! Mixture will automatically pull and list so as you always know what needs your attention.
- Json models allow you to test and structure data around your templates.